Buttons & Pearls.. and Everything!


Look what I've got!
This is such a treat.. I've bought these for only 2.50€.. they're leftovers from collections that won't be ordered anymore.. I'm so happy with them. My collection is getting more interesting each week.
I'm in love with my buttons and pearls.. what more would you want?



and my favorite little button of all time, this iron rose (it's almost to little to exist):

And while I was scanning my hand with the iron rose, I forgot to tell you about a little strange thing that happened yesterday.. I was sitting with my adopted sister in a café in Ostend, while a man came up to me and asked if he could film my hands.. (I was cross-stitching a tiny little house on some fabric), because he was making a movie about hands! I told him, 'of course you can, I'm happy to help in any way I can :) ) So the next thing I knew, he was filming me (my hands) while I was working on the little cross-stitching thingy.. It only took like three minutes, but nonetheless, my hands are soon to be seen in a movie! So funny!

And here are two illustrations I've made earlier:
the first one is a glass stained window (which isn't quite finished yet!) and the second one is just a little girl with an attitude (and good she has it!):



Web Site Counter

Free Counter

Comments

  1. I can't keep up with you, you've been posting so much!
    I'm glad you're feeling better now, thanks for the sweet post about that. I can't believe you mentioned me, but I think it's so very sweet of you.
    Wild nights with friends are the best... And if you're getting your camera on saturday, that's today! I'm expecting lots of pictures young man.
    You're going to have the biggest button collection ever. A movie about hands? That should be interesting.
    Much love, dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the biggest stars started as glove and shoe models. I am sure Hollywood will be calling soon.

    I've always been fascinated by door knobs and drawer pulls, the most appealing parts of houses. I guess buttons are the clothing counterpart. As a kid, my sister and I had a little tin box filled with buttons that we played with and prized each one like family jewels.

    Though all three are accessories and decorative, they also play a practical role. There can be great beauty and whimsy in function.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes! Cannot wait to see your hands at a movie theater near me! Your hands up in lights! Oh dear!

    Buttons and knobs and all sorts of little things that you never think about but are so magical and special and are holding us together and opening things for us and doing a very important (if unnoticed) job - well, these bits and pieces are the best things of all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment