Stars and Flowers

I've had a wonderful day. Had to work this Sunday but finished another part of the knitted patchwork blanket this morning at the shoppe. Another week and I think it will be finished.

I've collected some materials for the new doll. Some buttons (real big purple ones), a fantastic trim with stars and another with a brown ribbon thru it. Lots of fabrics to choose from. I'm gonna use burgundy and yellow/gold together with brown and purple. The head and hands (maybe feet) will be in skin tone felt. (my stack of skintone felt is getting smaller!)

Here are some pictures of the materials I'm gonna use:


The darker fabric in burgundy and purple/blue I'm using for the arms and legs.



A closer look at the materials for a new doll.



I fell in love with this stars-trim the moment I saw them.
They are filled with something soft, and are very cushiony to touch. They would be great to use in a Christmass tree. Maybe I'll use the rest of them this Christmass.. maybe..





More fabrics to choose from.. I love them all!


Also working on the video for Amalia, Bonus Track. (I've changed the song because initially I got The Doll Song, which is almost like 8 min. Much too long for a stop motion movie. And on her new album is a song called Bonus Track. The song is simply amazing. (but more about the video later this year.)
So, I'm drawing some creatures to use in the movie, and they're gonna be made in felt and other fabric. Also buttons and lots of trims will be used.




Some little sketches for the creatures for the Bonus Track video.



Had a very happy lunch this afternoon. I'm going for healthy these days. And as much vegies as I can eat! Some toasted bread on the side. YumYum!


My happy lunch! Lots of vegies and some toast.


My father sent me this poem, which I adore. And tells alot about my dad and me. We look very much like eachother. Especially the love for enjoyment, and repose.


If I Had My Life Over I'd Pick More Daisies
If I had my life over, I would dare to make more mistakes.
I would relax.
I would limber up.
I would be sillier than I have been on this trip.
I would take fewer things seriously.
I would take more chances.
I would go more places.
I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers and watch more sunsets.
I would eat more ice cream and fewer beans.
I would have more real troubles and fewer imaginary ones.
You see, I have been one of those people who live prudently and prophylactically, hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I've had my moments... and if I had to do it again I would have more of them; one after another, instead of living so many years ahead of each day.
I have been one of those people who never go anywhere without aspirin, a thermometer, a gargle, a map, a raincoat and a parachute. If I had to do it over, I would travel lighter.
I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall.
I would keep later hours.
I would have more lovers.
I would throw more parties.
I would ride more merry-go-rounds.
I'd pick more daisies.


Don't you just love this? I do!

I'm gonna get some more work done in my craftstudio now. But this video you have to see, great music! Junior Boys - In the Morning..

Comments

  1. I like the fabrics. I didn't know you also did stop motion videos. I look forward to seeing them. Will you feature some of the dolls you've made?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment