Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

Lately I'm into cooking.
I mean real cooking like in; aromatics, blanch, boil and braise. Cutting Julienne and baking Pâté en croute, roux and roulades.. And I still love it.

I have a history of some years of cooking school, I've worked at some restaurants that were quite known here in Belgium. And believe it or not, I once was a sous-chef in a kitchen where we cooked for our Belgian King, Albert. But I didn't like the big kitchen that much, I love the small homy kitchen. The personal and friendly cooking. Like cooking for yourself or cooking for a handful of friends.

I was cooking last night a delicious Casserolle with chicken breast and carrots with onions and red wine sauce, singing a song I hadn't heard for years. It was this one..



So wonderful the tastes and the whole process of making something out of pure and simple ingredients. The pleasure was all mine. I think cooking and crafting are the same. You make things with your hands and your imagination. But there's always the technical abilities that make the things you make a success or a kind of failure. And the joy I have when it's finished is the same. You can share food with your friends, you can share things handmade with your friends.

It's all in the recipe and that special ingredient called love.

“Good painting is like good cooking: it can be tasted, but not explained"

And that is true. I'm also painting again with my aquarelle set, with a very fine brush. And I think the pallet of my paint are just like the herbs and spices inside my kitchen cabinet. I feel very passionate about those two colorful essentials.

Next time I'll put in a home made recipe for a good and healthy - and very important, delicious - dish called "digibudi's casserole with chicken breast, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme"


Parsley


Sage


Rosemary


and Thyme..


I'm back to my kitchen adding some Belgian beer into the Belgian beef Stew I'm making. Yummy!

And remember: "Food is our common ground, a universal experience."

Comments

  1. Lovely post! I went to culinary school and once worked in restaurants too. But I never cooked for a king!

    I too feel crafting and cooking are very similar. That is why it is called culinary art!

    I would love a digibudi recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment