cerebral concoctions of a sous chef

Had - again - a very busy week working at the Villa. Cutting, preparing, shaking, cooking all kinds of food. Boiled lobsters, cut meat, sliced onions until my eyes were bleeding, sliced carrots and  cleaned Coquilles St. Jacques as if there's no tomorrow.. But it's all worth it. It all tastes like heaven, and the customers were more than happy.
But it's so damn hot behind that kitchen stove, imagine three fireplaces in front of you, one grill behind you and an oven that's spitting out hotness like lava next to you.. for hours, sweating, running for more rice and croquettes d'almonds, goose liver anyone? And it never stops..
"I need more Samphire over here.. within two seconds!"
"Can you give me two Sweetbreads, NOW!"
So, while pulling out intestines of oh so cute and vulnerable little crayfish - still being alive - I was thinking to myself.. "I can't take this anymore, why am I doing this.. ???"
The first class restaurant kitchen is hard, hard as hell.. It is really a Hell's Kitchen. But I have to do this.
My boyfriend is the Chef, so I have to obey.. and endure..  I can cope, and I will never give up. 
It's hard.

On a brighter side of it all; it's weekend now, two days off.. YEAH!
  
And I'm gonna spend my time exactly as intended, namely ; making cute stuff out of fabric, thread and all kinds of gentle materials. I'm going - after a well deserved but rather guilty scented rest - up to my atelier and make, create and  concentrate on creative exploration necessities!
And I will balance this guilt with a series of serious contra-guilt, which will be.. in one word...

Fairness

Bye for now

, and remember :  Eat or be eaten.

We're gonna watch "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" know, I now it's gonna be a fine movie, I've bought the book in New York a few months ago, and I can only hope that it will be as good!

Comments

  1. Een leuke post, ik kom hier zeker nog eens terug kijken.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment